HP Prime Forum

Full Version: Connectivity Kit failed to connect HP Prime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have upgraded to the newest version of the HP Prime Connectivity Kit (Version 2016 8 29 Rev: 10637)

Now something weird is happening when I connect 2 different HP Prime versions.

1- version 2014 3 13: doesn't get recogniced when I connect it to the pc. I just don't see the HP Prime popping up on the connectivity kit. So I can't upgrade.

2- Newest version HP Prime (2016 8 29/10637) and last version (april 2016) both do show up on the connectivity kit. They can be upgraded as well. All is good.

So now I have this problem: 30 pupils need to upgrade the old version of 2014 and they can't.

Is there a way someone can confirm that the new connectivity kit is not compatible with older versions of HP Prime, like 2014?

Maybe i need an old Conn.Kit to upgrade those older 2014 versions?

Thanks for the help.

UPDATE: I went to http://ftp.ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/Archive/ and downloaded an older version (20150617.exe) of the connectivity kit.

Now the old HP Prime version does get recognized and gets updated automagicaly to 2016 8 29. There is my solution.

But is this normal? Why is the new connectivity kit not backwards compatable?
Hello,

You should be able to place the calculators manually in update mode. Then when you connect the calculator to the PC using the USB cable, they should be "picket up" by the con kit which will ask you if you want to update them.

To manually place a calculator in update mode, press and HOLD the symb key. Then press the reset button at the back of the calculator (with a paper clip).
Optionally, you can also do it by pressing and holding the symb key, then press and release the ON key. Only release the symb key when the calc is in recovery mode.

Regards,
Cyrille
(14-09-2016 08:12 AM)cbrebisson Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

You should be able to place the calculators manually in update mode. Then when you connect the calculator to the PC using the USB cable, they should be "picket up" by the con kit which will ask you if you want to update them.

To manually place a calculator in update mode, press and HOLD the symb key. Then press the reset button at the back of the calculator (with a paper clip).
Optionally, you can also do it by pressing and holding the symb key, then press and release the ON key. Only release the symb key when the calc is in recovery mode.

Regards,
Cyrille

Thank you very much, connectivity kit was not recognizing my calculator too, and doing the manual recovery mode thing worked for me, the kit automatically recognized the calculator and asked to do an update, thanks a lot, was trying things for a couple hours already!
Version 10637 of the CK appeared to have some issues with recognizing older firmwares. This has been solved now with 10638 so the issue should not appear anymore. If it does: Press and hold SYMB and press ON to restart in recovery mode. Then connect with USB cable to the PC and start CK. Now it will automatically ask for the update!
Reference URL's