HP Prime Forum

Full Version: Firmware Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

the firmware of my HP-Prime is quite old (2013 8 13 (5106)) and so I want to get it updated but am falling.
I downloaded the latest versions of the "HP Connectivity Kit" => 2016 10 17. Rev:10638" and connected my Prime with my PC (Win 7).
The calc was not recognized by my PC (HP EliteBook). I tried all my USB ports but none did help.

Any idea why this approach is not working?

Appreciate your help,
Wango
Hello,

What do you mean by "not recognized"? Did the PC make the normal USB plugged in noise or not? did it make the noise, but the calc does not show up in the con kit?

Try the following. Start the con kit. Take the calculator and press and HOLD the SYMB key. Then press and release the ON key. The calculator should reboot in Prime Recovery Mode. Release the SYMB key. Then connect it to the PC. Assuming that the PC will recognize the calculator (make the USB plugged in sound), the con kit should start the update process.

If the PC does not make the USB noise (assuming that sound is on), then there is a more serious problem.

note: to exit the recovery mode, you have to press the reset button at the back.

Cyrille
(26-10-2016 01:40 PM)wango Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

the firmware of my HP-Prime is quite old (2013 8 13 (5106)) and so I want to get it updated but am falling.
I downloaded the latest versions of the "HP Connectivity Kit" => 2016 10 17. Rev:10638" and connected my Prime with my PC (Win 7).
The calc was not recognized by my PC (HP EliteBook). I tried all my USB ports but none did help.

Appreciate your help,
Wango

Wango,
If you solve the above problem and run a successful update I would be interested to know which folder in the Connectivity Kit program area you placed the 2016 firmware update files. I have no trouble with the Connectivity Kit (2016 version) "seeing" the calculator, however it reports "No updates available", i.e. it cannot find the update files placed by me in its near program directories. I have been told to place the files in a sub-directory of the Connectivity Kit called "Firmware". I have Administrator rights to the machine but no luck with this one.
Regards
Chris Bragg
Well, yes, the PC did the "noise"/sound and indicated that it installs (some) drivers. But s said no visibility of the calc. Any time I'm turning the connected calc on I'm hearing the sound.

I also tried to the calc by pressing and holding the SYMB key and turn it on. But the calc did start properly and not in recovery mode.

Wango

(27-10-2016 08:00 AM)cbrebisson Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

What do you mean by "not recognized"? Did the PC make the normal USB plugged in noise or not? did it make the noise, but the calc does not show up in the con kit?

Try the following. Start the con kit. Take the calculator and press and HOLD the SYMB key. Then press and release the ON key. The calculator should reboot in Prime Recovery Mode. Release the SYMB key. Then connect it to the PC. Assuming that the PC will recognize the calculator (make the USB plugged in sound), the con kit should start the update process.

If the PC does not make the USB noise (assuming that sound is on), then there is a more serious problem.

note: to exit the recovery mode, you have to press the reset button at the back.

Cyrille

As far as I can see the "HP Connectivity Kit" App does place the files under "C:\Users\...\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit"

But shall I manage to get my calc updated I'll let you know.

Wango

(02-11-2016 05:25 AM)chris.bragg Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-10-2016 01:40 PM)wango Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

Appreciate your help,
Wango

Wango,
If you solve the above problem and run a successful update I would be interested to know which folder in the Connectivity Kit program area you placed the 2016 firmware update files. I have no trouble with the Connectivity Kit (2016 version) "seeing" the calculator, however it reports "No updates available", i.e. it cannot find the update files placed by me in its near program directories. I have been told to place the files in a sub-directory of the Connectivity Kit called "Firmware". I have Administrator rights to the machine but no luck with this one.
Regards
Chris Bragg
Reference URL's