Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating HP Prime Handheld Calculator from an OS X or Linux host
26-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Updating HP Prime Handheld Calculator from an OS X or Linux host
Hello,

I've been using my HP Prime calculator since last February and I love it!

One difficult aspect is the unavailability of a tool to update the calculator from a Linux or an OSX host. Not having access to a Windows computer doesn't permit me any update. I expect that I'm not the only one who is facing this situation.

Any idea when such a tool would be made available? Is there any other mean available to update the thing?

Thanks!

Guy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2015, 09:54 AM
RE: Updating HP Prime Handheld Calculator from an OS X or Linux host
Hi Guy,

We get that question a lot and have made sure your name is added to the list of people that are asking for it. You can make sure we are pushing HP to organize at least a MAC version...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Funny to see that this forum has been named "Question to HP" but there is no answer coming from an HP rep...
01-07-2015, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 10:35 PM by Manuel.)
So the name is right, because otherwise it would be called "Answers from HP" and not "Questions to HP" :-)
21-07-2015, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2015 04:40 PM by Klaas Kuperus.)
(01-07-2015 06:42 PM)turgu1 Wrote:  Funny to see that this forum has been named "Question to HP" but there is no answer coming from an HP rep...

I spend 90% of my day on HP calculators, so in a way I am an HP rep. And believe me: the 90% is more than a lot of the 'real' HP reps. Wink

(01-07-2015 10:34 PM)Manuel Wrote:  So the name is right, because otherwise it would be called "Answers from HP" and not "Questions to HP" :-)

You got it! Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2016, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 01:36 AM by WattSekunde.)
One more for the OS X Connectivity Kit & Firmware Update Tool, please!

PLEASE! Wink
15-09-2016, 08:20 PM
(22-02-2016 11:28 PM)WattSekunde Wrote:  One more for the OS X Connectivity Kit & Firmware Update Tool, please!

PLEASE! Wink

And another. Waiting for this before I upgrade to a Prime. I see no reason to do so until I have computer connectivity.

Also, seems strange that a device aimed at the education market does not provide support for Apple computers, which have traditionally been aimed at... the education market.
28-09-2016, 02:58 PM
(15-09-2016 08:20 PM)Fusion150 Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 11:28 PM)WattSekunde Wrote:  One more for the OS X Connectivity Kit & Firmware Update Tool, please!

PLEASE! Wink

And another. Waiting for this before I upgrade to a Prime. I see no reason to do so until I have computer connectivity.

Also, seems strange that a device aimed at the education market does not provide support for Apple computers, which have traditionally been aimed at... the education market.

Yes, that's strange. (Lift this message a bit up ;-)
19-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Another one for updating HP Prime from OS X, please!
This is not a problem for TI Nspire CX CAS users, why do we have to pray for that?