Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAS() call in HPPPL program
15-05-2016, 05:18 PM
CAS() call in HPPPL program
I'm trying to use the CAS()-function from a HPPPL program following an example found on the MoHPC forum. Here the code:

EXPORT CASCMD1(f)
BEGIN
local cmd:="solve(diff(" + f + ",x),x)";
CAS(cmd);
END;

The execution of CASCMD1("x^3-3*x") gives the cmd-string "solve(diff(x^3-3*x,x),x)" instead of the normal result {-1,1}.

I have installed the latest firmware (10077). Is this normal behaviour in this firmware version? The docs corresponding with this firmware are not yet published I think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2016, 06:52 AM
RE: CAS() call in HPPPL program
Hello,

Yes, this is normal in 10077...
I posted a paper explaining the changes here:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-621...l#pid55671

The quick summary is that the CAS/Home interaction is now much better, but you loose the ability to do thing with string as you did here.
You should be able to do directly:
CAS.solve(diff(f,X),X)

Cyrille
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the information.
02-06-2016, 08:15 AM
Can we be optimistic about a DIDACTICALLY thought manual that does not lack CONTENT be released in the near future?
I mean thank you for posting your paper, but a sidenote in the patchnote like home/cas improved and forcing people to search the internet is not what I would expect from a prime manufacturer. HP should feel obligated to offer a well organized documentation. The way things are now is not at all satisfactural.
The original question is only a small part of the whole...
I do not mean to blame anyone, I don't want to sound rude, but things did not get much better since prime's release.