Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware version 1.2
13-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Firmware version 1.2
Dear HP,

My HP Prime does not communicate with my netbook computer through the 3.0 USB port. The USB 2.0 port does communicate, but I would like to use the 3.0 port, since my 2.0 port is dedicated to something else.

The HP support page for HP Prime says the version 1.2 of the firmware fixes this issue. However, I cannot find anything on my calculator that specifies a version of firmware in that format.

When I press Help -> Tree -> About HP Prime

I get the following:

Software Version: 2015 4 27 (7820)
Hardware Version: A
CAS Version: 1.1.2-11
Serial Number: xxxxxxxxx (using x's instead of actual serial number)
Operating System: V0.037.526

In using the HP Connectivity program, which has also been updated to the latest version, does not find any update for my calculator. Does this mean that Software Version 2015 4 27 (7820) is version 1.2 of the firmware?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2015, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2015 07:33 PM by Klaas Kuperus.)
RE: Firmware version 1.2
Hi Jiangshi,

It appears that you’re running the right version (Firmware Version: 2015 04 27 (7820)). With regard to the USB 3.0 port, it should work with the new firmware. However, it may be that the device ID that was being used by your calculator prior may still be conflicting.

I’m attaching the support document that outlines how to resolve the update issue that we’d seen with the older firmware. I’d recommend plugging your calculator into the USB 3.0 port with the Device Manager open and then deleting the device that pops up. Once that’s done you should click Action from the top menu to scan for new devices and the calculator should be found.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  HP-Prime-Support-Notice-2015-04-27.pdf (Size: 158.71 KB / Downloads: 7)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2015, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2015 08:04 AM by Jiangshi.)
Hi Klaas,

Your analysis is correct. The computer was using the device driver for the 2.0 USB. When I plugged the calculator in the 3.0 port, the system finally loaded the 3.0 driver, and the calculator now communicates with the computer. Why my computer did not load the 3.0 driver the first time is anybody's guess, but it is working great now.

Thank you very much for your help, and thank you to this forum for passing on my post!
Find all posts by this user
17-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Hi Jiangshi,

Glad that it now works, and glad to be of assistance!

Klaas.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user